SECURITY SOFTWARE ENGINEER
SafeChain is a Columbus, OH based startup company that is revolutionizing the title and real estate industries by eliminating wire-fraud, reducing inefficiencies, and ultimately seeking to make the real estate transaction completable in under 30 seconds. SafeChain is a venture capital-funded company with world-class technical and business teams, located in beautiful downtown Columbus.
SafeChain is at one of the most exciting stages that a startup can be in—early growth. Our first-of-its-kind combination of blockchain and SaaS technology is changing the way people transact real estate.
About the role
- As a Security Software Engineer at SafeChain you will work with the Product and UX teams to design and implement multiple products. Our product line spans the entire property transfer process, so you can expect a fast-paced broad range of work.
- As a security software engineer, you’ll run point in furthering SafeChain’s existing Identity Management solutions for our commercial and government software. You’ll develop methods for access control and detection of malicious behavior. You’ll interface with our commercial customers in helping ensure they’re hardened for an attack through their SafeChain products.
- You’ll work within our scrum team to help define, design, develop and test new functionality. We don’t work in silos; if something isn’t clear, you’ll be expected to help make it clear.
- You’ll be responsible for following and promoting the development of best practices. Code quality and maintainability are important to us. Leaving code better than you found it is everyone’s responsibility.
- You’ll be responsible for staying up to date with advancements in the field. Technology changes in all fields, in the blockchain arena change, is even quicker than most.
- You’ll look to make process improvements when possible.
- Other ad hoc responsibilities as assigned.
- Ideally, a minimum of 4 years of experience in Software Engineering. With at least 2 years developing security solutions.
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- You have experience with functional programming techniques
- You have experience with modern programming languages like Golang
- You have knowledge of Gitflow or alternative branching strategies
- You possess excellent oral and written communication skills
At SafeChain we care a great deal about our company culture. You will be a fit if:
- You are obsessed with excellence and consistently looking to improve
- You seek to understand the world through other people's eyes
- You see opportunity in difficult situations
- You earn and keep others trust
- You get things done, correctly
- You are humble, candid, and open to feedback
You will be part of a dynamic team and have the privilege to work for a company that is building the infrastructure of the future of all property transactions. We offer a competitive compensation package, which includes: Equity in SafeChain for qualified candidates, health insurance, life insurance, generous PTO, snacks, happy hours, parties, events & great new friends to insert joy into workflow!